CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 23, 2012

What's For Dinner?

It's been quite awhile since I updated this blog.  So hear I am back at it.  This blog and cooking are sort of a therapy to me, quite frankly to keep me sane.  I'm wondering if people were this busy 100 years ago? Did Grandma come home after a long day at the office and put a healthy meal on the table? I think not but it does make you wonder what and how our ancestors cooked meals.  Since the advent of electricity and old ice boxes have been sent by the wayside a new way of cooking has popped up.  Once a Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking or Frozen Assets.

When my sister was hugely pregnant with her last child we tried one of those places where you assemble meals, bring them home and freeze until you are ready to serve.  We spent a fortune on all the already prepped veggies, meats and felt wonderful about it because we were "making" dinner. I'll admit the complimentary coffee or soda was nice, the serene stainless steel atmosphere was heavenly and the fact you didn't have to do the dishes fabulous.  Nicer still was that you could bring a bottle of wine and drink while you cooked.  This make ahead meal store was the best - that is until you cashed out.  So I'm wondering how can I preserve the gourmet wanna-be inside me dying to get out and really have enough meals ready on a moments notice that I'm not stressed about the age old question "What's for dinner?"

Then amazingly I found OAMC on Pinterest.  I've researched it for days now and I'm getting a healthy meal plan in place. I've bought freezer bags, I'm making recipe cards, starting a shopping list and wait for it - I may even clip coupons!  Stay tuned for my adventure in to OAMC.  I'm sure it will get off to a bumpy start but hopefully the ride will be worth the wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment