CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 28, 2011

Baby It's Getting Cold Outside!

I will admit that fall going into winter is my favorite season but I really dislike cold and snow.  Last weekend was so cold and wet it felt like winter was just about here.  I was thinking of the tastes that winter brings and immediately hot chocolate popped into my mind.  I'm not big on really sweet hot chocolate, I like a little spice in it.  I decided to see if I could come up with a recipe for a cupcake that tasted like a spicy hot chocolate.  This is what I came up with using a standard box mix I had on hand.

Hot Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Creme Icing



1 box of chocolate cake mix and
 ingredients to prepare or favorite chocolate cake recipe
1/4 tsp of chili powder
1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla

Add all ingredients to the bowl and mix. Add liners to cupcake pans and fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cupcake springs back when you touch the center. Cool completely.

For the frosting:

7 ounces marshmallow cream
1/2 cup butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk

add all ingredients except milk to bowl. Beat until well incorporated. Add milk a Tbls at a time until frosting is desired consistency. Refrigerate cupcakes as frosting is very much like marshmallows and is gooey and sticky good!

I've made another batch to bring to a party tonight and I am going to add Mini Hershey bars for decorating the tops.  I think you could use candy canes, cocoa powder, chocolate shavings, crushed peppermint candies to make these delicious treats fit any fall/winter occasion.  Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment