CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Four Cups of Love

So here I sit embarking on two of my passions.  Cooking and writing.  Now I'm not much good with the mechanics of writing. I can't  seem to get my sentence structure and puncutation right however I am one heck of a home cook and baker!  Let me qualify the remark about writing... I love to write and enjoyed creative writing in school and college and usually what I write I don't share.  Writing to me is like baring my soul and I don't like to share my thoughts and feelings with people, it's just to intimate.  What is ironic is that cooking is sometimes an intimate process for me.  I pour my heart and soul into my creations.  I love being in the kitchen, I love creating delicious meals for my family and friends. I love the conversation around the dinner table, the story telling, the laughing and the togetherness.  Another reason I create is for therapeutic reasons.  After a stressful day or event I don my apron, grab a complex recipe and shut out the world around me and practice my chosen form of art.

I decided to write a blog to share what I love about being a home cook and baker.  My goal is to share anecdotes, my failures and successes and best of all my favorite recipes.  Some are my own, some are inspired by others and some are straight from my favorite cookbooks, chefs and friends.  This is also sort of a journey for me, to challenge myself to become a better writer, a better cook and a better baker.

That is my introduction and I hope you join me on my adventure and along the way we each learn a thing or two.   In the meantime I'll leave you with a little poem:


~ * ~

Recipe for a Happy Home

Ingredients 
4 cups Of love
2 cups Of loyalty
3 cups Forgiveness
1 cup Friendship
5 Spoons of hope
2 Spoons of tenderness
4 quarts Of faith
1 Barrel of laughter 
 Preparation:
Take love and loyalty, mix them throughly with Faith. Blend it with tenderness, kindness and understanding. Add friendship and hope, sprinkle abundantly with laughter. Bake it with sunshine. Serve daily with generous helpings.
author unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment